Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Love Letters...



When I was in my senior year of college, my husband Matt was working on a dude ranch out in Wyoming.  He wasn't my husband then, we had met that summer and went on a date two weeks before he left.  I wasn't sure if I would hear from him while he was on the ranch, I was hoping I would, and sure enough I found a little postcard in my campus mailbox a couple weeks later!  That was the start of our correspondence via letters.  We didn't talk on the phone much at all that fall semester but we wrote back and forth pretty faithfully!  Back then I might have said I would've rather had him present and been able to talk face to face, but now I'm so thankful that we had that separation because now our story is documented!

This morning I happened upon this stack of letters and opened a few to relive the memories.  May 15th we are celebrating four years of marriage, it's so fun to be able to look back and remember what it was like back when it all started.  We've talked of compiling all the letters into a book at some point... I think I might start the process.  Keep in touch, you might hear more about this soon!



-Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment