Thursday, January 29, 2015

Piper turns 2 & Toby turns 7 months old!






Are they not the cutest kids you've ever seen?!  Maybe you don't think so but I most certainly do! Within a week of each other we celebrated Piper's second birthday and Toby turning 7 months old!  Pretty proud mama over here! I think they are tuning out pretty well :)  ... most days that is! haha



Piper:
She is repeating and imitating everything we do and say!  She is picking up new words and phrases everyday, it's so amazing to watch.

She has started talking in full sentences. The majority of the time I have no idea what she is saying though. I feel bad that I have to have her repeat it 3 or 4 times before I actually get what she is asking me for!

She can sing twinkle twinkle little star, or should i saw quinkle quinkle :)  I've been trying to catch it on video, with not much success. I was so proud of myself the other day because I was being so discreet and I thought I got it, but then realized I never pushed the record button.  : /

She works out with me in the mornings, its so hilarious watching her try to do some of the exercises!

She always wants to drink out of "big girl cups" which usually ends up with her choking and spewing out water because she lifted the cup up to fast.  Not to mention the spills and outfit changes, but she is getting better at it!

She loves talking to her grandma's on the phone, she thinks that's who I'm talking to every time someone calls :) She gets a big grin on her face when I turn on the speaker phone and talks very shyly, she gives grandma hugs and kisses by literally hugging and kissing the phone!


Toby:
He figured out he could make really loud noises so he's started yelling!  Its happy yells which is nice, I guess!

He can get himself up on his hands and knees and he will rock front to back, occasionally throwing in a little downward dog to go with it, or face planting because he rocked forward to hard!  No forward progress yet though.

He started clapping as well!  Its the cutest thing to watch, he always gets so excited!

We have no teeth yet, but he does clench is gums together, crinkle his nose, and give big cheesy grins! My absolute favorite!

He's been eating baby food 3 times a day now, along with his bottle.

Most nights he will sleep 10 hours straight, on occasion he will throw in a 12 hour night like he did last night! :)  If he wakes up before 10 hours we've been trying to get him back to sleep without feeding, which usually means Matt trying to give him some water, or just letting him cry a bit and hoping that he will go back to sleep.  Both strategies have not really worked that well, the other night he chugged 8 oz of water, went to sleep but then woke up an hour later and was mad and hungry.  It looks like he is on his way to sleeping 12 hours consistently though so we are hoping this comes soon!


Life has definitely gotten back to normal, I'm actually at the point where I can say I really enjoy being with both kids!  I don't dread getting both of them out of the house as much anymore.  It's still a lot of work to go somewhere with both of them by myself but it feels much more doable than it had previously! I'm really looking forward to this summer when we can all be outside playing, and there is warm weather!
















No comments:

Post a Comment