Tuesday, January 7, 2014

:: 11 months ::

This coming Sunday is actually Pipers birthday so I am WAY behind on getting this post up! :(  I must say this year the holiday season seemed so much busier than previous ones.  Not sure if that is just because we have this precious little girl with us, or because Thanksgiving was late this year, or we just had more going on, whatever it was it made for a busy couple weeks of fun and family.  So this week is the first week it finally feels like things are back to normal, except for the fact that Pipes has been out of commission.  Makes me sad seeing my girl sick but I do love the quality snuggle time it provides, she is not normally one to curl up on your lap. 

Anyways, wanted to post 11 things Piper is up to at 11 months old!

1: Crawling is a thing of the past and is only used when she needs to get underneath something!  This girl is always on the move!

2: We've got two more teeth coming in alongside each of her top front teeth, making for a total of 6 so far.

3: She is learning things so quickly!  If you ask her what sound a puppy makes, it may be a little delayed but you will eventually get and "ouf ouf" out of her!  Our neighbors have a dog and anytime they let it outside it will bark and Piper will perk up and say "ouf ouf" So cute!

4: She loves books!  If I'm sitting on the couch she will grab a book and bring it over to me to read to her, animals are what intrigues her the most these days!

5: We are still doing some baby food but we will give her whatever we are eating if its something she can chew.  She tries to stuff as much as she can in her mouth though so we have to moderate how much we give her!

6: I can't really be in the kitchen doing something without this little girl attached to my legs.  When I'm cooking something she always want to see what is going on and of course taste any food that I might be eating.  Making dinner with one hand is now my new talent! 

7: If she can push something across the floor she will.  It started with her little activity table, and now its our dining room chairs, plant stands, her basket of toys, and the occasional book, just to name a few.  I saw her trying to push the couch the other day but it wouldn't budge and she started getting frustrated! haha

8: She has gotten more bumps, bruises, and cuts in the last couple weeks that she has before.  I think because she has gotten more confident with walking she isn't being as careful.  Hence all the scratches on her face in the pictures!

9: She has figured out she can climb into the kitchen cabinets :( Of course this is after removing all of its contents onto the kitchen floor.

10: No more nursing for this little girl! I've officially weaned her, and she now gets a sippy of milk before going to bed and will sleep the whole night. 8pm-7am

11: She is still doing two naps a day but sometimes she will skip a nap, I'm hoping for my sake she won't drop a nap too soon, but you never know!

We honestly cannot get enough of this girl, she is such a blessing and I can't believe she has almost been with us for a year already!  We love you so much Piper Ann!



2 comments:

  1. She is such a treasure, it's hard to believe it's already been a year since she was born!
    Feels like not that long ago I got to meet her at the hospital.

    Thanks for sharing the update on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you post all of this for us to read and see. :-) I can't wait to see what other adventures come your way!

    ReplyDelete